Thursday 23 February 2012

I lay there feeling the warmth of the covers around me and listened to him move on the chair by the fire. Guilt consumed me, he was weary and I didn't deserve to be where I was. The guilt however was for the feelings of comfort I had being in his presence.

I watched him quietly, barely breathing in case he knew I was awake and told me to leave. I was content here, I could see the man who was going to keep me safe from the Sheriff and from the Baron. The cold fear even thinking about him nearly causing me to whimper out. I thought over his words, I was to move to serve him, did that mean I was to leave the castle and return to his homestead in Loxley? As much as the idea of being away from the men who terrified me, I couldn't bring myself to be that far away from Sir Guy.

Feeling sleep finally claim me, I whispered out a prayer to keep us both safe as I looked at the man in the chair and tried to calm my beating heart.