Sunday 5 February 2012

There are many who wonder about the Master of Arms, Sir Guy of Gisborne. Namely wondering if today was their day to be on the receiving end of his wrath. I was different, I wanted to see if his eyes really did sparkle when he smiled, which he did rarely but one could hope. Of course, there was a catch to all of this - I was one the girls paid a pittance to keep the hallways clean, the goblets full and the men content though thankfully the last task was one I'd escaped from and I had every intention of keeping it that way.

I'd seen him maybe a handful of times and the man who stood a full head and shoulders over everyone else with his black attire, hair and piercing blue eyes had piqued my overly curious mind. I wanted to know if the man who scared so many could be someone entirely different to how he was perceived by those around him. It was idle fantasy, if I ever found myself before him - I'd be there because I'd done something wrong...